Sat, Jul 15|
South River Gun Club
JULY 2023 Marksmanship Proficiency Assessment (MPA) (RANGE FEE REQUIRED)
An objective, non-judgemental assessment of your current basic skill set. The MPA is NOT a training event. **MEMBER ONLY EVENT**
Time & Location
Jul 15, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM EDT
South River Gun Club, 5205 GA-212, Covington, GA 30016, USA
About the Event
LOCATION: South River Gun Club, 5205 Highway 212 N, Covington, GA 30016, (specific bay will be announced when known).
NOTE: COST: $30 per member. *** FEE IS PAYABLE IN ADVANCE BY NO LATER THAN Thursday before, via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. (In PayPal notes, list “MPA” OR via ZELLE to email@example.com
(NOTE: The cost for current South River members is $5.00. Inbox Kevin Beck directly if this applies to you.)
12 slots available, first-come, first served.
Bring your relaxed yet focused self to this beneficial, enjoyable event. The MPA:
1. Provides a non-judgmental assessment of current skill level.
2. Provides a baseline against which future improvement can be measured.
3. Provides diagnostic info to help resolve common problem areas.
4. Provides recognition that reflects your current skill level.
5. Allows for participation in other outdoor shooting events.
NOTE: The MPA is NOT a training event; it is an objective, non-judgemental assessment of your current basic skill set.
Please complete the two following waivers prior to arrival:
Bass Reeves Gun Club Waiver: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/v/brgcwaiver/
South River Gun Club Waiver: https://secureservercdn.net/.../south_river_gun_club...
(A copy is also available in the "Files" section of this FB group)
Please print, complete and bring the above waivers to the range with you. Printed copies will be available at the range as a back-up. If you have shot at SRGC within the past year, a waiver should be on file for you.
SHOWTIME: 10:00 AM. Late arrivals will not be accommodated. Park in the large "match parking area", then walk down to the designated with your gear. DO NOT STOP AT THE CLUBHOUSE.
1. Functioning handgun.
2. 21 rounds of correct ammo.
3. Ear protection.
4. Eye protection.
Participants are responsible for obtaining required gear & ammo. None will be provided.
1. Recite the 5 safety fundamentals.
2. Recite the 5 marksmanship fundamentals.
3. Safely complete the course of fire.
COURSE OF FIRE:
1. 7 rounds at 10 feet, untimed.
2. 7 rounds at 25 feet, untimed.
3. 7 rounds at 30 feet, untimed.
If desired, practice targets are available for download in the "Files" section of this group.
An MPA overview video can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/a8dgXjv_sb0