Sat, Jun 04|
2 -Day Event
Youth Firearms Education Program
Youth Firearms Education Program presented by Bass Reeves Gun Club Inc. (BRGC) Youth Firearms Education Committee (YFEC)
Time & Location
Jun 04, 10:00 AM EDT – Jun 05, 2:00 PM EDT
2 -Day Event
About the Event
Are you new to firearms and have or will have youth in the home? Are you unsure how to begin the process of introducing your youth to firearms? Have you wondered how your youth would react when confronted with an unattended firearm?
We believe that teaching the youth to handle and respect firearms is the best way to prevent negligent discharges. This 2-day course offers classroom and range time that emphasizes safety and is designed to familiarize your youth with the different types of firearms.
- Pre-registration is required.
- A responsible adult (or guardian) must accompany the youth.
- This is a 2-day event, (both in-person). Both days are required for completion.
Cost is $35 per adult (21+) and youth are FREE (under 21 years old). ONLY adults need to purchase a ticket; however, please provide the Full Names & Ages of EACH Youth & Adult attending. Cost includes the range fee, ammo, targets, eyes/ears, and light refreshments.
*** FEE IS PAYABLE IN ADVANCE via PayPal to email@example.com. In PayPal notes, list “Youth Day” OR via ZELLE to firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Day 1: Classroom (Saturday, June 4th)
- Location: Stoddard's Guns & Range (Midtown) - 485 Bishop St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- Time: 11:30 am - 2 pm
- Firearm safety
- Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Firearm storage
- Introduction to firearm anatomy
- What to expect on the range
Day 2: Range Day (Sunday, June 5th)
- Location: South River Gun Club - 5205 GA-212, Covington, GA 30016
- Time: 11 am - 1:30 pm
- Safety Briefing
- Display of different types of firearms (rifle, pistol, shotgun) and gear
- Marksmanship basic drills
- Youth and adult competition
*** PLEASE SIGN & SUBMIT THE LIABILITY WAIVERS BELOW***
- Bass Reeves Gun Club Liability Waiver (for first time BRGC events)
- (South River Gun Club Waiver - Liability waiver required by all guests (to be signed once per year). If possible, please print, complete, and bring this form with you.
For your safety, we recommend a baseball-type cap or hat with a brim, lightweight long or short sleeve shirt, long pants, and comfortable shoes/boots (no sandals, open-toed shoes, sliders, flip flops, or high heels). Please do NOT wear halters, blouses with low necklines, and excessively loose clothing or jewelry.
Masks are optional and hand sanitizer will be provided. We ask that if you are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to a person that tested positive within 5 days of the event you let us know and not attend.
Adult (2-day) - *REQUIRED*
Adult tickets are $35 per adult (21+). Cost includes the range fee, ammo, targets, eyes/ears, and light refreshments. Please note an adult is required to be in attendance for both days (they can be different) and would need to purchase a separate Adult ticket.
For Youth (22 and under) Tickets are FREE for youth and include the range fee, ammo, targets, eyes/ears, and light refreshments.