NOV 2021 Marksmanship Proficiency Assessment (RANGE FEE REQUIRED)
Time & Location
About the Event
LOCATION: South River Gun Club, 5205 Highway 212 N, Covington, GA 30016, (specific bay will be announced when known).
NOTE: REGISTRATION IS $30. The only way to register is via the link provided below. Face masks required for those not fully vaccinated.
Bring your relaxed yet focused self to this beneficial, enjoyable event. The MPA:
1. Provides a non-judgmental assessment of current skill level.
2. Provides a baseline against which future improvement can be measured.
3. Provides diagnostic info to help resolve common problem areas.
4. Provides recognition that reflects your current skill level.
5. Allows for participation in other outdoor shooting events.
NOTE: The MPA is NOT a training event; it is an objective, non-judge mental assessment of your current basic skill set.
COST: $30 per member. Pay online here: https://www.bassreevesgc.com/product-page/marksmanship-proficiency-assessment-mpa. 12 slots available, first-come, first served. NOTE: The cost for current South River members is $5.00. Inbox Kevin Beck directly if this applies to you.
Please complete the two following waivers prior to arrival:
Bass Reeves Gun Club Waiver: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/v/brgcwaiver/
(A copy is also available in the "Files" section of this FB group)
Please print, complete and bring the above waivers to the range with you. Printed copies will be available at the range as a back-up. If you have shot at SRGC within the past year, a waiver should be on file for you.
SHOWTIME: 10:00 AM. Late arrivals will not be accommodated. Park in the large "match parking area", then walk down to the designated with your gear. DO NOT STOP AT THE CLUBHOUSE.
1. Functioning handgun.
2. 21 rounds of correct ammo.
3. Ear protection.
4. Eye protection.
Participants are responsible for obtaining required gear & ammo. None will be provided.
1. Recite the 5 safety fundamentals.
2. Recite the 5 marksmanship fundamentals.
3. Safely complete the course of fire.
COURSE OF FIRE:
1. 7 rounds at 10 feet, untimed.
2. 7 rounds at 25 feet, untimed.
3. 7 rounds at 30 feet, untimed.
If desired, practice targets are available for download in the "Files" section of this group.
An MPA overview video can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/a8dgXjv_sb0